21.11.10

X Factor - Week 7 Picks

Cher Lloyd - Imagine

Rebecca Ferguson - Yesterday

Paije Richardson - Let It Be


Tonight's theme was the iconic Beatles. With all the great hits performed there was a mix of great and damn right awful covers. My Picks above were the 3 best performances. 

Cher Lloyd and her rendition of Imagine was really stripped back and emotional, something we don't really see in her performances due to her mash ups and rapping so it was good to see a difference. And disagreeing with Simon Cowell I actually liked the staircase, I was intensely worried she might fall, but I loved the scene created. 
Rebecca Ferguson, my favorite to win sang an effortless Yesterday. Noted she did have nerves however her voice and the emotion conveyed I just love love love her. 
And finally Paije Richardson singing Let It Be, a it biased because I love this song and its soulful nature. But Paije did it to justice, I must say the entire performance with the lights and background singers was intense and somewhat christmas like but hey the singing was great. 


So hopefully these three contestants will be safe to sing another day. All with be revealed tomorrow night, as well as the final 16's new charity single a cover of David Bowie's Heroes. 


MARTAN x