29.3.12

Style Diary - Leather Florals


Colourful Florals + Menswear
 Not the easiest combination, though not impossible.

I thought it was about time I showed off one of my Mary Katrantzou for Topshop pieces. This silk sleeveless shirt can be worn two ways (either with a button front or back) making it a very versatile piece in my wardrobe. For this look I wore the shirt with a button back showing off the more colourful symmetrical floral design.

I've realised that I don't see many Guys in florals. Probably because the prints are normally really bright and colourful, but I'm in love love love this shirt and I wanted to see how I'd go with putting florals into my normally tonal and dark looks. To make my look I teamed the floral shirt with my black leather jacket, skinny leg jeans and tall combat boots. It's a good contrast. Bright Florals from both my Shirt and my Alexander McQueen clutch and the clean black pieces.

A floral biker kind of look?

Vintage Leather Jacket + Mary Katrantzou for Topshop Shirt + Gripp Jeans + Zipia Boots + Alexander McQueen Demanta Clutch + House of Harlow 1960 Ring