12.5.12

MBFWA - Mens Show








Sidebar - Back in Melbourne and I'm swamped with Posts! I'm slowly getting through them all so watch this space for major post-age.

A definite highlight at MBFWA was the Mens Show. I was over the moon Firstly because there was going to be a 'Mens Show' and Secondly because of the FAB looks on the Runway. Designers From Britten, Zsadar, Injury, Mils, Kalb & Etiw and Nathan Paul Swimwear presented their Spring/Summer 2012/13 Collections in a jam packed show. Runway Trends included Boxy Silhouettes, Light/Pop Colours and Relaxed Asymmetrical Cuts. My favourite collections came from Zsadar and Injury. Both designers had ready-to-wear collections with Great Cuts. Models for Zsadar were accessorized in custom jewellery pieces by Alister Yiap including this amazing Metal Spine and Nose Rings. Check out my little Zsadar finale video to see the great Nose Chain! I love love loved Injury's looks that featured a combination of Leather, Digital Prints and Sheer Linens. The collection had the illusion of a strong silhouette with soft and sheer details

My photos are pretty shocking, mainly because I was in sheer awe of the collections (as well as calculating how much money I had to pay for my brand new Menswear Wardrobe!). I've got a few shots just to show a glimpse and a little video, but never fear as I'll be doing designer interviews with some of these Designers in the near future!

Sidebar 2 - MARTAN Main is going MENSWEAR! A logical and exciting direction for the blog. Being a guy, as well as wanting to find a niche in the world that is Blogging I'm going to start focusing on Menswear, with particular attention on Aussie Menswear. Don't worry the blog will still have it's mainstream fashion content, but I will be searching and featuring great New and Established Menswear Labels, proving that Menswear can be just as FUN and FAB as Womenswear. I hope you enjoy what I have in store for the Blog.